Sunday, March 18, 2012

Getting back in the zone

Have been able to get some work done today. A paragraph away from finishing my validation section, which I will finish after this post.

For reference to two questions I have, here is the current structure:

2 - Related work

  1. What is citizen science?
    1. History
    2. Digital Revolution (working title) - Introduces the three problems as they have become important from digital changes. Introduces mobile devices as my context
    3. Crowdsourcing - Quickly says why I consider some crowdsourcing to be citizen science in terms of approaches
  2. Addressing Mobile Citizen Science Problems
    1. Collection - Inside separated into the ways collection has been improved with examples
    2. Validation - Inside separated into the ways validation has been improved with examples
    3. Training - Inside separated into the ways training has been improved with examples
  3. Geocaching
    1. Why Geocaching?
    2. Aspects of geocaching (not sure yet)
  4. Summary


Two ideas I need input on:

  1. My current structure has me talking about training, collection and validation one at a time, pointing to systems and research that relate. Currently I introduce von Ahn's work inside the validation section, but it doesn't work right. His work covers collection, validation and training, as well as integrating these into other tasks. Because of this, I am thinking of bringing it up after 2.2 - Addressing mobile citizen science problems as the new 2.3, discussing this concept of integrating a task into something people already do. Opinion?
  2. Writing this related work, as I head towards geocaching, I feel that there is a bit of a hole in my outline, with discussing what it means to coordinate citizen scientists. I'm not sure where that should go, but I feel I should discuss how citizen science project coordinate their volunteers in an area where they want data collected. To do this I need to find a few more resources. Does this seem like something I should do?

No comments:

Post a Comment