- I feel like I still don't completely understand the subtleties of multicaches, so tomorrow morning I plan on doing a multicache (or two if it dones't take too long) nearby my home.
- For prototyping multicache training, I'm continuing the ideas discussed in our meetings before my sickness. I want to set up interactions where each cache in a multicache uses the collection of a data type as a way to find the next part of the multicache.
- There are still unknowns I'm working out. Here are a few:
- How can the different data types be turned into hints or coordinates for the next part of the multicache. The bar for this in the geocaching community is pretty low (e.g. count the number of times the letter 'e' appears on this plaque) but the more immersive and seamless this is, the better.
- When can hints be solved as a way of training. One way of doing this would be giving the next hint after finding a part of the multicache, having them use that hint to find the next one. Another way would be providing a gps coordinate in the last found multicache, and then when the cacher gets to that point, have them interpret/collect information in the area to find the next cache.
- How do the different multicache structures lend themselves to training. Many multicaches are linear, but some are not. Can this be leveraged in training? For example, could this be used to customize the training depending on the person's needs?
I think I'll get more ideas tomorrow while I'm out caching! Let me know if this seems like a reasonable path. I'll post tomorrow with my progress.
No comments:
Post a Comment