(selected) Weekend:
- Continued to look into mobile education techniques, and could not find a much of interest. The links Saul pointed me to were more relevant than what I was finding, and one paper on Ambient Wood discussed in depth the importance of the physical world in education and goes through a number of ways in which they used the physical world to educate. I also found a brief webpage articles on how teachers have used geocaches to teach their students. I'm not going to dive any deeper into the mobile education hole.
- Contacted Michael Quinn from EVDS who seems to be main one behind the proposed Citizen Science conference at U of C in October. I'm not looking to partner with him in any way, I am mainly looking to bounce my ideas off someone who participates in citizen science and get feedback from the field.
- Continued working on Chapter 2, which is productive but slow. I have gotten to the point where I am introducing the large number of systems and research that attempt to solve problems with training, collection, validation. What I am unsure of is how much of the work in the field I should be introducing. For example, should I bring up some of the (simple) mobile interaction techniques used in citizen science systems to find a species in a digitized taxonomy, even though I am not working in that area.
- Printed out Training, Collection and Validation in big letters, as per request :-P
- Heading home and setting up the geocache on the way.
Tomorrow:
- More Chapter 2. Hopefully as I get into it more it'll keep flowing.
- Try planning out a training geocache that teaches the collection of different data types. Attempt to storyboard it.
No comments:
Post a Comment