Monday, July 23, 2012

Monday


Saul Edit Responses:
  • Thanks a ton for the additions. Especially the part in the procedure section & the consent form.  I was having a hard time wording these!
  • Did you think $25 was too much? It was changed to $20 in two edits, left as 25 in the others.
  • I had there being a minimal risk for physical injury because participants will be outside taking part in my caches, possibly walking through uneven terrain. Is this not a risk?
  • I have my completion date after my defense in case I don't get into CHI and my publication is after I defend. Is that ok? Do I need to explain this to the Ethics Board?
Current Ethics Status:
  • There are still a few outstanding questions in the main ethics document.
  • Written up the sample questions for scientists (citizen scientist ones will be up early tomorrow). They are not exhaustive or perfect, but they will allow the committee to understand what we will be asking.
  • The ethics are online, here
Programming:
  • I am ready to start some development, even if it is only developing some portions of the sample applications I will show. 
  • Specifically, with Windows Phone, I think I am ready to dig deeper into:
    • Using the built-in maps & geolocation
    • Taking pictures with the camera
    • Creating templates for cache pages, cache lists, etc.
  • Part of my motivation to start this is that I need something to spice up all this writing.
  • I will post tomorrow with a more detailed programming plan, based upon what I want to show participants in my study.

1 comment:

  1. ... the link is http://pages.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/~madunlap/files/ethics/

    ReplyDelete