I'm currently writing the section in my related work on geocaching (Tony and I discussed that it'd be good for us to literally be on the same page with the topic). I know the four topics that are important to citizen science:
- How it does location-finding
- its use of physical containers
- Its user created and maintained content
- Its optional game structure
Some of these topics have been written about before, like the user created and maintained content (although not specifically to citizen science), but the others have not. Analyzing how these 4 apply to citizen science is a contribution of my research, and I expect I will discuss them in future chapters. What I'm unsure of is the treatment they should have in my related work. Something like "I will introduce these aspects of geocaching, which will be analyzed in later chapters for their applications to citizen science"?
Note: I am 100% about all 4 of these. Others aspects may come to light, and aspects (like its optional game structure) may end up being ignored.
Let me know when you can, I'd love to get this done tomorrow early and send it to you guys.
No comments:
Post a Comment