Friday, February 24, 2012

Thursday

  • Talked with Sebastian about ethics. At this point we feel I know enough to start filling out the forms and getting ready.
    • One thing that (Sebastian thinks) will make ethics approval harder is that I want to recruit some geocachers when they visit one of my caches, as well as more standard recruitment. This means they fill out a waver online as they access my system.
  • FINALLY had a geocache approved. Three groups visisted it within 5 hours, because they are extra keen on first-to-finds. Kinda crazy! I haven't put the second one up yet because...
  • Decided a multi-cache training course is a good way to go to test out training at this point. Each sub-cache will ask questions about the environment (specifically trees) and this will tie into the next sub-cache location.
    • To support this, I did a bit of looking into previous uses of geocaches for education as well as using geolocation for education. The latter is a big topic, but I don't need to dive too deeply.

No comments:

Post a Comment