Monday, June 25, 2012

Chapter 1 Structure

Working on a chapter 1 for my thesis. Spent today looking over other theses, and I've found that the structure for Anthony's is similar to how I think mine should operate. Here is how I see it working (#s are sections and bullets are paragraphs):

  1. Motivation
    • Define citizen science, discuss general problem
    • More details as to where these problems come from (discussing my "big 3")
  2. Solutions
    • Which part of citizen science I am tackling. Discuss solution space: sites, mobility
    • Introduce my approach as mobility + caches
    • More details? (Not completely sure)
  3. Research Goals
    • Unsure how to word this.
  4. Contributions
    • Cache-centered design, guided tasks, validation/verification
  5. Thesis Outline
While working on this, I'm realizing I need to figure out how strongly I'll emphasize geocaching throughout my thesis. Do I just want to talk about caches and the way geocaching handles that? Or something more broad?

No comments:

Post a Comment