As I spend the afternoon and evening getting the first 10 pages of chapter 2 to you guys, I am facing a problem. Some of what I have written in the background section I am having a hard time finding clear citations for. This is especially true when discussion details of the four citizen science problems. It has come from a number of resources, discussions with people (Tina, Pete, Nicole) and analysis of many projects. I know whenever possible I should cite, but what do I in cases where the background has come out of experience in the field. Do I cite all the little pieces I've used to put this together?
I ask because I am reminded in the article/section I am citing the most, Silvertown's article "A new dawn for citizen science". The piece I cite repeatedly in there (where he discusses 5 problems that should be targeted in citizen science) has no citations attached to it. I feel some of what I am doing in my thesis is the same thing.
Any advice?
No comments:
Post a Comment