Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Chapter 2 Question

Ended up spending some time on Chapter 2 today, making sure it connects with Chapter 1 while it is still fresh. 

What I am trying to understand is how much more info I need to give on citizen science. I think Chapter 1 gives pretty good information on citizen science in general. There may be room for some more info on technology in citizen science. What I am less sure of is how much more info I need to give on the four specific problems in Chapter 2. I think a more detailed discussion of the 4 problems would be useful, as well as an example of how each one takes place in citizen science. The current structure of chapter 2 is:
  • 2.1 - Introduction to citizen science
  • 2.2 - Solutions for mobile citizen science
Maybe I can just remove 2.1 altogether, and make 2.2 - "Citizen science problems and mobile solutions". In this structure, each of 2.2.1-2.2.4 would start with the discussion of one of the 4 specific problems, and then would go into how mobile devices have dealt with these problems.

Curious what you guys think as you read through my Chapter 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment