Friday, November 16, 2012

Demo & Video

Demoed my Area Collection and Scientist Controller to Tony today. Lots of good feedback, here are some high-level bits:

  • General:
    • I need to be more focused with what I am saying. I have it written down, but I have to have it fresh in my head too.
  • Area Collection:
    • Be clear about the hypothesis that is being solved in this area cache.
    • Explain all the content on the screen, its not completely obvious
    • My terminology is still inconsistent. I need to be clear what scientists are finding in the area (a cache, a collection, a collection location) and use it.
    • While this example involves the citizen scientist choosing what to do, be clear that I will make the choices (first showing updating a collection and then creating a new collection).
  • Scientist Controller:
    • Explain up front the purpose of the controller is evocative
    • Remove this content from the data collected outside. Currently some of it updates as the mobile system is used, some does not. It will be easier if create caches specifically for this and know exactly what they contain.
    • Streamline: Sometimes I am clicking a bunch UI to transition between examples, but not explaining that. Get rid of that clicking.
Today I also created video footage w/ Nolan for something to show at Demos, etc. I'll go over the footage next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment