- This week I have been working on a functioning collection example that incorporates many of my collection and validation ideas.
- This is taking into account some of the feedback from talking with Saul & Carman last thursday, as well as talking with Tony about my ideas yesterday.
- The basic idea
- After the citizen scientist is trained, they are first sent to a collection site that has already been collected at.
- They collect there and if there is a data conflict, they have some way of helping deal with it (not sure how yet).
- Then, they are told to identify their own tree and create a new collection site. This involves, taking a photo, describing finding the site and storing the location. They also collect the first part of data on the site.
- I call this a cache chain.
- A sketch is below
- I have all the parts in place, it is just not completely strung together in an interface.
- The main thing I need help with is discussing the structure/story of my presentation with scientists.
- From talking with Tony, it seemed to be a good idea to do the presentation in 3 pieces.
- First, give a quick, general overview of my ideas (in the war room).
- Second, take the scientists outside to experience the ideas in the wild, as citizen scientists would.
- This would mean running through at least one training and collection cache.
- Third, come back to the war room, show them my scientist controller and present the details of what they just experienced.
- This would be followed up with discussion of my ideas.
- This is very general and I'd like to discuss this tomorrow.
- I would still like to run my system with a few laypeople, kind of as a pilot before my talk with scientists to make sure I didn't miss anything crucial.
Thursday, September 6, 2012
Collection Cache & Study Structure
Status update:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment