Thursday, August 16, 2012

Sketches

I've done a few sketches for the scientist controller. Its hard to explain sketches online, but I'll try.
  • Torrent Style (image example)

    • These sketches show two tabs in the view: the site tab and the volunteer tab. 
    • Looking at the top sketch, the site sketch, when you click on a site, visits to that site appear in the lower half. 
    • With the lower sketch, the volunteer tab, the same applies, allowing viewing of actions (collection, validations, and training) that the volunteer performed.
    • A toolbar like the one in the sketch below (finder style) could also be used in this sketch to view notifications, messages, and recent activities
  • Finder Style (image example)
    • This sketch uses three columns, for sites, volunteers and observations. 
    • All the sites will be listed in the left bar. Selecting one site would show its volunteers. Selection volunteers would so their observations.
    • Multiple sites could be selected, allowing the viewing of up to all volunteers and observations.
      • This could also be subtractive.
  • Map Style
    • I did this sketch to test out the possibilities of a map. Clicking a site would allow the viewing of its collections
    • I'm hesitant to work with maps because it seems like extra work on something that isn't of primary concern.
Out of these possibilities, the finder style is the most promising. WPF's collection views, which I have tested out, will support the selections across three panes well.

I want to give a little more thought to the development points for training, collection and validation. First task on my plate tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment