Past two days. A lot of running around to talks and moving things, but things are quieting down now:
- Attended Marian's thesis.
- Moved desks (Miaosen's old space). Setting up posterboards (inspired by Nic), purchased a new sketchbook.
- Saw Jason Dykes' talk and demoed to him.
- Went well, he was intrigued with my ideas, although a bit sick and burnt out.
- He was interested in making visible the activities of other citizen scientists around you. For example, what does it mean if you see more rabbits than anyone else in your area during a transect.
- Talked to Nic about sketching and reading more of the Sketching User Experiences guidebook.
- Doing a validation storyboard after biking home today.
- Hopefully meeting with Saul tomorrow.
- Do many more storyboards and sketches to better work out what my overall experience is.
- I've been exploring how physical geocaches help solve my three problems, but now I want to look at how site collaboration (lack of a better term) can help. This includes :
- how citizen scientists can create a new science cache,
- how sites are visible to a citizen scientist out in the field
- how validation can be built into the collection experience.
- At CHI I had talked with Tony about making my work more presentable for the lab. Preparing for Jason Dykes got me much of the way there, I will discuss this with saul and finish report back.
No comments:
Post a Comment