This depends on where in the thesis this section goes. I am thinking right before I start describing collection, the first of my 4 "topics".
---
There are certain terms used to
describe the contributions of this thesis that may not be the clearest to all
readers. This is especially true for those not familiar with citizen science or
geocaching. It is also important to clarify terms appropriated from these
fields. In this section I define and describe my use of these terms.
Cache – A hidden container to be found
by citizen scientists. In geocaching, these often hold different objects like
log books and trinkets. For my research, I use the cache to hold tools and
information (e.g. instructions, a taxonomy) to be used by the citizen scientist.
I also expand upon the geocaching notion of geocachers placing things into the
cache, using it to hold science samples and descriptions of data collection.
No comments:
Post a Comment