Monday, October 29, 2012

Focus Groups & Meeting Wednesday


  • In reference to our discussion today on the importance of these focus groups to my thesis: my thesis is strongly supported by related work and needs from the community. These focus groups are cherry-on-top, taking the initial steps in showing how to apply these ideas for real-world use.
    • With this structure, the most important question is how my ideas for collection, training, verification and coordination can be used.
    • One of the problems I am facing is how will I ask these more specific questions. Ideally, it would be good to ask these questions as we walk through the examples, but that is dependent on weather. As you read this, understand the questions will either be asked during/after every example, or inside after the examples are shown along with a reminder (slides, etc) of the important points.
  • For our meeting Wednesday, I will not be ready to give a full dry run of my presentation for scientists. Implementation will still be done then. I would like to give a portion of my presentation to scientists, to get a better feel of how to set this up. I still am struggling to focus and understand what sort of questions I should ask.
    • Below is the breakdown of the collection task story I have created, with the themes I am trying to draw out of the presentation as well as some questions I would ask about those themes.
    • On top of these very specific questions, I also have some more general question on data collection:
      • What other data types would you try to apply this cache-centric design to?
      • The use case for this cache-collection is a small task during some free time. How would you apply cache-centric design to more complex tasks?




No comments:

Post a Comment